We have been asked a few times about the VETTS position regarding our events and Coronavirus.
So to clarify our current position:
1. It is intended that all our domestic events will proceed as normal. Next one being North West Masters at Preston March 21/22, 2020.
2. If you feel uncomfortable about shaking hands with your opponent, then don't. (Table Tennis England has advised referees to suspend 'hand-shakes' from their events), however please mark your respect for your opponent, umpire and the game.
3. Please adhere to the standards of hygiene and sanitation which are advised by the health and government bodies, ie hand sanitisers, frequent hand-washing etc.
4. We will continue to monitor advice from Government Departments, sports' governing bodies and health organisations and pass them on to our members and players.
5. We have no further updates from the organisers of the WVC2020 or other international events, VETTS members may be participating in or travelling to. As soon as we know anything we will pass it on.
Table Tennis England Statement
UK Government advice
World Health Organisation advice
Please appreciate this is an incredibly fluid situation and things may change at very short notice.